Friday, April 29, 2011

The British ROYAL Wedding

Okay, be honest.  Who watched the British Royal Wedding LIVE?  No matter who you are, how can you resist a beautiful wedding?  I admit I shed a few tears.  

My interest in the wedding grew exponentially this past week.  I watched a Lifetime movie with my Mom based on Catherine and William...  and I was in!  So then, I had every intention of waking at 3am to watch the entire live coverage, but I decided sleep was important.  At 6am, I watched what I could of the live portion, and caught the wedding ceremony when E! played the encore. Thank goodness for the encore on E!

The wedding was fabulously traditional, yet modernized and lovely.  The wedding fashions were breathtaking!  I am hereby promoting hats and fascinators at weddings, luncheons or whenever us ladies feel a hat would be a perfect addition.

Catherine's dress was phenomenal!  The dress was a McQueen masterpiece by Sarah Burton.  The dress fit Catherine perfectly and was reminiscent of Grace Kelly's wedding dress.  Catherine made the dress her own though. I also loved that Catherine did her own makeup.  I respect that she is a self-sufficient woman who knows what she wants, and she wanted William to recognize her.  Admirable.

What was your favorite part of the British Royal Wedding?

No comments: